Sea Ports of Bangladesh
Bangladesh is bounded by the State of West Bengal in the West, State of Assam in the North, State of Tripura in the East and Bay of Bengal in the South. The two sea ports of Bangladesh are Chittagong and Mongla. There is a dry port situated in Dhaka known as Kamalapur ICD, the only ICD in the Country linked by Rail connection.
About Chittagong Port
Geographical location: Geographical location: Situated at the right bank of river Karnaphuli at a distance of about 9 nautical miles from the shore of Bay of Bengal.
Width: Navigational Channel (5.49 M Contour) varies from place to place.
- General Cargo Berths : 10 nos
- Container Berths : 06 nos
- Max permissible draft range from 8.50 Meter to 9.20 Meter
- LOA: 188 Meter
- Pilotage is compulsory
- Night navigation is restricted to the Vessels having 153 Meter Length Overall
- 24 Hours prior notice is required for scheduling the berthing of vessels.
Bangladesh Sea Port & ICT Dhaka Information:
- Chittagong Port Authority website : http://www.cpa.gov.bd
- Mongla Port Authority Website : http://www.mpa.gov.bd
- Dhaka ICT Container Terminal : http://chicd.gov.bd
- Payra Port Authority : http://ppa.gov.bd
- Matarbari deep sea port : Under Construction